Tuesday, May 22, 2007

Ignorance

http://www.nytimes.com/2007/05/21/opinion/21planck.html?_r=1&oref=slogin


She makes me so angry. Poor Kimbo had to listen to it too. She's not a nutritionist and it's NOT impossible to raise a perfectly healthy Vegan child. We simply have some ignorant people in this world. I'm referring to the people that don't do their research and that starve their children. It is people like Planck that give lifestyles bad names. Does she not realize that some people (my cousin) HAVE to eat Vegan because of their allergies and are otherwise perfectly healthy? It is articles like Planck's that make people automatically assume they know what they're talking about and point their fingers at innocent people.
After I was able to cool off I read some of her writing in her book Real Foods. While I understand some of her ideas I will never believe that lard is good for you.

http://www.vegblog.org/ - They say everything perfectly! (third or fourth blog down More Anti-Vegan Sentiment)

http://www.veganhealth.org/articles/realveganchildren - Happy Healthy Vegan Kiddos!

1 comment:

Sandelightful said...

I just responded to one of your comments in my blog. I really wish blogger notified us of posts! Anyways, I totally get what you are saying! Some people are seriously ignorant. All we can really do is try to enlighten them one person at a time. And I don't mean turning everyone vegan (would be cool though) I just mean showing them vegans are healthy and happy people! =) How's the veganness going for you?